Studyportals International Student Satisfaction Awards 2014 – Switzerland
Studyportals would like to congratulate all universities and universities of applied sciences that won an award. Unlike university rankings, Studyportals’ International Student Satisfaction Awards are based on thousands of reviews and opinions from international students in Europe. Among the Swiss universities that received sufficient reviews of international students to be eligible for the 2014 International Student Satisfaction Awards, a total of 6 universities received ratings ranging from “very good” (at least 8 out of 10) to “excellent” (at least 9 out of 10).
The Winners in Switzerland
Certificate for Excellent International Student Satisfaction
The following universities have shown excellent results based on reviews from international students who studied at their university, by achieving an average rating of at least 9 out of 10. They have been awarded a “Certificate for Excellent International Student Satisfaction 2014” (in alphabetical order):
Certificate for Very Good International Student Satisfaction
The following universities have shown very good results based on reviews from international students who studied at their university, by achieving an average rating of at least 8 out of 10. They have been awarded a “Certificate for Very Good International Student Satisfaction 2014” (in alphabetical order):
Country Profile – Switzerland
A total of 228 international students reviewed and rated their study experience in Switzerland. These reviews form the total of 530 comments, with an average of 2.3 comments per review. Most students who have reviewed their experience are originally from Europe and studied in the Switzerland for less than one year.
Reasons to (not) recommend an international study experience
- International students recommend Switzerland because of high-level academics, great cities and the vibrant social life
- Students enjoy Swiss cities, but not as much as international students in other European countries
- Students are very satisfied with the academics where Switzerland does much better than the European average
- International students find Switzerland extremely expensive, one of the most expensive destinations in Europe
- International students in Switzerland find personal and professional development less important than other international students in Europe, and are generally not very impressed with their improvements
- Students find university services less important than other students in Europe, but they do find room for improvement especially in assistance with finding accommodation