Global Student Satisfaction Awards category nominees announced
Eindhoven, Netherlands, 30 September 2021 – We are proud to announce the category nominees for each region of the Global Student Satisfaction Awards. The Global Student Satisfaction Awards is the only global university recognition programme from the student perspective.
This edition is powered by over 108,000 student reviews about their experiences inside and outside the classroom. 4,000 universities were reviewed, over 444 qualify for the awards.
The awards, delivered in collaboration with British Council IELTS and Unibuddy are informed solely by student experience and feedback. Supporting partners for the awards also include UNESCO, ASML, and the Good fellow foundation, with media partners Times Higher Education and The PIE news
Edwin van Rest, CEO and founder of Studyportals says, “The overall average score is 4.1 out of five – very high satisfaction. This is a great compliment to the international education industry. The Global Student Satisfaction Awards is more than an awards ceremony – it’s a movement to put students at the heart of the higher education sector.”
The global winners of each category will be announced at an action-packed award ceremony on October 14th.
As well as the winner announcements there will be incredible keynote speeches on the future of education -. from Dr Fransesc Pedro from UNESCO, and from a former prime minister of the Netherlands Dr Prof Jan Peter Balkenende as well as key insights for the industry from the Global Student Satisfaction report.
There are regional winners recognised across eight student experience categories. This year, for the first time, these include new categories – for Covid-19 crisis management and online learning. These awards are truly global, and we have regional nominees from each of three regions – the Americas; EMEA, this is Europe in combination with the UK, the Middle East and Africa; and Asia Pacific. It is an honor to recognize the huge impact they are making on the lives of students.
The quality of student life award rates the quality of students’ everyday life outside of the classroom – especially when thinking about the city students live in. Regional winners are:
- From the Americas: San Diego State University, U.S.A. based in Sunny California
- From Asia Pacific: Nanyang Technological University, in the heart of bustling Singapore
- From EMEA: European School of Economics with locations in London, Madrid, Rome, Milan and Florence
Admission process award goes to the university with the best and most supportive admissions process, as judged by students. Regional winners are:
- From the Americas: Dalhousie University, Canada
- From Asia Pacific: Monash University, Australia
- From EMEA: University of Bonn, Germany
For the student diversity award, students were asked how friendly the atmosphere at their university was for people from diverse backgrounds. Regional winners are:
- From the Americas: Northeastern University, US
- From Asia Pacific: The University of Queensland, Australia
- From the EMEA: University of Sussex, UK
The student-teacher interaction award is a particularly special award for educators. Regional winners are:
- From the Americas: Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
- From Asia Pacific: Edith Cowan University, Australia
- From EMEA: Università della Svizzera italiana , Switzerland
The first of our new categories for 2021 –
The Online classroom experience award was so relevant to learning over the past months. Online learning is about more than software and no one knows that better than the regional winners for this award:
- From the Americas: Toronto School of Management, Canada,
- From Asia Pacific: La Trobe University, Australia
- From EMEA: University of Essex, Online, UK
The 2nd of our new award categories is for Covid-19 crisis management. It speaks to the way crisis management had an effect not only on the bigger picture, but on the individual lives of students who were lucky enough to see their universities as part of their support systems. The regional winners are:
- From the Americas (and across multiple campus locations): Hult International Business School
- From Asia Pacific: De La Salle University, Philippines
- From EMEA: University of Klagenfurt, Austria
The Career development award goes to the university that best supports students in their professional development and gives them the skills they need for the workplace. The regional winners are:
- From the Americas: University of California, Berkeley, US
- From Asia Pacific: The University of Sydney, Australia
- From EMEA: Geneva Business School, Switzerland
The Overall Satisfaction award is the category where students submitted the most reviews. The global award goes to the university where students have had the best overall experience.
The regional nominees are:
- From the Americas: Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- From APAC: Macquarie University, Australia
- From EMEA: Kühne Logistics University, Germany
For more information or to organise interviews please contact:
Cara Skikne: firstname.lastname@example.org +31 684847508For more updates, follow us!