New report urges universities to diversify source countries for student recruitment
A new report from Studyportals, Diversify with Data: Insights for Higher Ed Institutions urges colleges and universities to think about the diversity of source countries for student recruitment.
- The report gives an overview of past enrolments from UNESCO to show there is only a handful of source countries making up past international student enrolments
- It looks at the countries making up 80% of student interest (the core audience) for the top 25 destinations on Studyportals. This identifies more origin countries universities can use to inform their diversification strategies.
- It takes a closer look at custom groups – like Russell group vs non-Russell group, colleges vs universities in Canada, Group of 8 in Australia, ranked vs unranked in Europe and different regions of the US to see how these groupings affect interest from origin countries.
- [IN THE NEWS] New report shows diversity of overseas student recruitment in top HE destinations
- [IN THE NEWS] A data-based case for diversification: Study finds that only 14 countries account for half of all international student enrolments
- [IN THE NEWS] Which study destinations rely most on a few source countries?
- [IN THE NEWS] Universities urged to diversify overseas target markets
Studyportals is the global study choice platform. Their mission is to empower the world to choose education by making study choice transparent, globally. Over 52 million students use Studyportals platforms per year to find and compare their study options across borders and select the right program. At the same time, their results-based channels help universities with marketing and international student recruitment, by enabling them to reach a global audience and diversify their student population. Studyportals’ mission is to make the world understand the power of learning, and does this by making education choices transparent and accessible to students worldwide.
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
Cara Skikne | email@example.com
For more updates, follow us!